I joined my friend John to help tutor people at The Midnight Mission in downtown Los Angeles, my first time tutoring anyone! It was so inspiring to be in a math class where everyone wanted to be there. I can’t wait to go back – maybe one day I’ll even teach a class! Today I also finished fourth grade math on Khan Academy, woohoo!
Additions to my Wall of Questions
- How do you calculate the square root of a number that isn’t a perfect square?
- What’s the history of square roots?
- What are irrational numbers exactly?
- What’s the best way to explain the concept of irrational numbers?
- Whats the history of the number pi?
- Why is any number raised to the power of zero always equal to one?
- Video production time: 1 hour 20 min
- Script writing/preparation: none
- Filming/setup: 25 min
- Video editing: 40 min
- Publishing: 15 min
- Math study time: 2 hours
- Practice problems: 2 hours