By the way, I think it’s especially weird (and cool!) that you can define and run an anonymous function at the same time, like this:
Anyway, today I’m taking it easy and just following along with a Codecademy tutorial to get an easy introduction to jQuery’s syntax.
Today I learned:
- A bunch of jQuery’s effects, like
- A bunch of jQuery’s DOM manipulation methods, like
- Some of jQuery’s event methods, like
- At first I was scared of jQuery’s weird dollar sign syntax – it looks like some sort of PHP black magic! – but it turns out that
jQuery()function! (Recommended reading: The Mystery of the jQuery Object)
- Thanks to a very smart friend of mine, I’m now starting to understand what closures are!
- Is there any difference between using jQuery’s
.ready()method (as in