Problem: Waking up early hurts my brain. I spent the entire morning in a fog, unable to decide what to learn next. When I'm in this half-conscious, indecisive state of lazy curiosity, I easily get sucked into watching video tutorials without paying attention and browsing lists of tutorials instead of actually reading them!
Solutions to try next: every evening, write down a specific goal to focus on the next morning. The goal has to be phrased in the form of a deliverable, an outcome, a completed feature! (Also, maybe try more caffeine.)
Cool stuff I found:
- Mixture, a free front-end web dev toolset with some very cool features
Today I learned:
- Nothing specific or tangible enough to articulate, because I was scatter-brained all day long :(
- How do you use Sass (the CSS preprocessor)?
- How do you use Mixture (especially with local WordPress development)?
- What are the best tools for live-reloading webpages while editing the code?
Goals for tomorrow:
- Spend 25 minutes sketching ideas for the meetup group website's homepage to generate ideas for content and layout.
- Then spend about 15 minutes writing down all of my questions regarding how to implement those ideas.
- Implement at least one new feature for the meetup website and answer at least one of those questions thoroughly.
- Repeat today's process, creating a blog post with all of the same sections – especially this last section!