OK, I’m back. That was the first time I ever forgot my laptop charger! Now I have a chance to review some of the cool stuff I learned about at last night’s meetup group:
- Harvard’s online CS50 course, a great introduction to computer science
- Code Wars, collaborative programming challenges (heard it’s better than Codecademy)
- Schemers.org, a collection of resources for the Scheme language
- Wat, a lightning talk by Gary Bernhardt
- tmux, a terminal multiplexer (let’s you open several panes in one terminal window)
- GitLab, a web-based Git repository manager
Now, here’s my problem: there is too much cool stuff on the internet! And (not unlike the internet) there are too many random ideas floating around in my head, competing for my attention! So I’m hoping these link dumps and brain dumpbs can at least help me get those thoughts out of my head and fight off the urge to chase tangents all day long. Not that there’s anything wrong with chasing tangents. I just know I can’t do that all day long.